AUR31816 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Trailer Technology
Become an automotive specialist and develop the skills to set you apart. Learn how Dog trailers, Rigid trailers, B-Double and Road Train configurations work while you complete your four year apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship will help with the safe needs of the heavy transport industry.
- Work on dog trailers, B-Double and other multi combination trailers, single axle trailers to multi-axle trailers and tippers
- Service and repair brakes, suspension, final drive (hubs and differentials), pneumatic systems and hydraulic systems
- Dynamic control systems (ABS, ESP and Rollover)
- Wiring harnesses
- Wiring new lights for trailers
- To develop the skills to perform mechanical work in the automotive heavy vehicle service and repair sector
As South Australia's only dedicated automotive industry training provider, the MTA gives you the skills, training and industry access to prepare you for your automotive career.
There are two ways you can complete your qualification with the MTA:
- Become employed by us and we'll find you a host business for you to work for.
- Gain an apprenticeship on your own and do your training at South Australia's most progressive automotive training facility.
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
Literacy and Numeracy Assessment:
Literacy and numeracy assessment forms part of the upfront assessment of need process to ensure individuals have the minimum levels required by DIS to access the vocational course of their choice or to demonstrate an individual is below minimum levels and therefore requires access to a foundation skills course or foundation skills bridging units.
Individuals seeking access to a Certificate II or III subsidised training place or Jobs First Employment Project must demonstrate they are at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Exit Level 2 in reading and numeracy.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for this qualification. If you feel you have the necessary trade skills and knowledge to gain this qualification, or any part thereof, click here.
- Four years (a competency based training approach allows for possible earlier completion)
Heavy Commercial Trailer Technicians
Great entry point into the heavy vehicle industry and can lead to maintenance, driving administration, logistics and management roles.