Protect yourself and your business from costly consumer claims.
Join the MTA’s Workplace Relations team for our practical and accessible Australian Consumer Law (ACL) training.
This easy to understand course is designed to increase your knowledge of relevant legislation and provide you with an
understanding of how to help protect your business from costly consumer claims.
You will be provided with:
- What you need to do to ensure compliance with ACL
- Recent developments in the application of ACL
- Tips and tricks for dealing with ACL or Second-Hand Vehicle Dealer’s disputes
- Practical working examples of the application of the ACL in a business setting
- How to achieve the best outcome for your business in a dispute
- Practical tips on how to resolve disputes as quickly and cheaply as possible using the tools available to you through the MTA and Government departments.
Presented by Chris Mahoney, a qualified lawyer and Manager of the MTA’s Workplace Relations team, you can be assured of the accessibility of the tools and information you’ll receive. Save yourself from avoidable stress and costly proceedings by getting prepared before a consumer lodges a formal complaint. Know your rights and theirs.
As a non-accredited course, all participants completing this course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Stay ahead of the game. Enrol today.
$195 MTA members | $325 Non-members
(This course can also be delivered onsite for $1,100 - Max 12 persons)
9.00am - 12.00pm or 1.00pm - 4.00pm
See events calendar for future training
Theory and practical applications.
Motor Trade Association, Level 1, 81 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034
Phone 8291 2000
Register online for Upskilling Training here
Download the ACL Training flyer for your own copy.