Lawsuits arising from workplace Christmas parties cost Australian Businesses more than $6,000,000.00 annually. Whether it is employees behaving badly, sexual harassment, injuries during or following the party or even public liability, the list of things that employers are liable for during a Christmas Party is frightening.
To help you avoid being caught out for Christmas, the MTA is holding a special training seminar which will address the following:
- How much of the party is considered ‘work’ and how much is just socialising?
- What issues do you need to consider when planning a Christmas Party?
- What are you liable for during and following a Christmas party?
- How can you minimise your risk and liability?
- What policies and procedures do you need to have in place?
- What do you do if something goes wrong?
This short-course will be presented by an industrial relations lawyer who will discuss specific cases where things have gone wrong and how you can avoid an expensive lawsuit against your business.
$195 MTA members | $325 Non-members
This course can also be delivered onsite for $880 - Maximum of 12 people.
9.00am - 12.00pm
See events calendar for future training
Theory and practical applications.
Motor Trade Association, Level 1, 81 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034
Phone 8291 2000
Download the Christmas Essentials flyer for a printable copy.